Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Friday, September 3, 2010

Achieving Grace

I have the perfect solution for anyone who is having a bad day, sit for a few hours in the waiting room of a pain clinic.  I was still feeling all sad and down this morning and then first thing the Vet called and told me Izzy's blood work (pre spaying) came back out of norm for liver stats and we would have to do more tests.  I knew I had a rough day ahead of me, I had to go the the pain Dr to see what else we could try for my hip and then I had a two and a half hour dentist appointment to finish up the implant prep work. I was in a bad place to say the least. But as I sat waiting for my appointment with the pain Dr. I watched people come in and out, in such terrible shape, really heart breaking cases.  And then I reminded myself again," it could be worse".  I am a realist, I know that chronic pain and limited mobility are going to be a constant in my life and I will have more days when I am ticked off about it. But I also know something will help me come to the realization, one more time, that there are many more souls out there that have much heavier burdens to bear and bear them with a Grace I have yet to achieve.

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.         2 Peter 3:18



 "Do what you can, with what you have,where you are "- Theodore Roosevelt
Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Since I too, live with chronic pain I so understand where you are coming from. Pain can get us down and is hard to live with when it is 24/7...it helps when we have experiences that give us a different perspective which in the end helps us keep moving forward. There have been times I've wanted to just give up but something changes my perspective and helps me get up and keep going.

    I pray that your pain lessens and that you don't let it stop you from living your life. XX

    ReplyDelete