Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Izzy Update

We got Izzy's test results back today, and we still don't know anything. The test indicated a real problem with her liver. There are three possible problems, the simplest some kind of infection that was able to travel from her gastric system to her liver, the more likely, one of two genetic liver conditions, one can be treated through surgery, the other has no treatment. So, we have decided to do the treatment for the simplest before we begin more invasive tests. We will give her antibiotics for three to four weeks and then run the test they did yesterday again. If the numbers are still out of whack, we have to look at ultrasound and or liver biopsy. Of course I totally freaked at first, but after talking with the doctor and the breeder and my sisters I have calmed down. It will be what it will be. Meanwhile, I have to look forward to her going through her first heat.

 "Do what you can, with what you have,where you are "- Theodore Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. Going through things like this with our beloved pets is not fun. I remember all too well so it makes me feel badly whenever I hear of others going through it. I pray it all goes well. XX