Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nice Weekend



While it wasn't exactly like the picture below, we had two lovely family gatherings this weekend and I am pooped.

160088961724501049.jpg

Nothing I like better than spending time with my extended family and I was really blessed to get a lot of that this weekend. 

On Saturday we celebrated a great niece's birthday,  she is such a sweet little thing and I love to spend as much time with her as I can.  But oh my Lord, it was hot and humid.  It was an outside party and it was warm!

Sunday, a cousin and her husband came down from Chicago where they had flown in for the weekend, so we gathered everyone together again.

This was inside, ah, much better.  It was fun to talk about old times and family stories. 

It was even more fun to spend time with all my nieces and nephews, which is something I don't get to do very often.

They are all growing up so fast, I wish they would stop doing that! 

My standing joke with my baby brother is to ask him " how old are you, fifty right?".  And he laughs and give his correct age, which right now is 56. And then I moan and groan and yell, you can't be 56 cause that makes me 62, I can't be 62, are you sure you aren't 50? 

How dare he get older, doesn't he know he is pushing me  right along with him and I am way older than him, ungrateful little punk, the least he could stay is stay 50 a few more years.


This little conversation gets a laugh out of him every time.



Nice day today a little cooler.
Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment