Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Night Out


Last thursday J and I went to see The Jersey Boys






at the Bank of America theatre.  We figured out we haven't been in the city (Chicago) in over three years.  It was not the best night for driving into the city, it was raining and you know what that does to Chicago traffic.

But it is still one of the prettiest cities in the United States, even in the rain.



We had it all planned out,we asked my sister to come over about 7:30 pm to let Izzie out and we were sure we would be home by 10:30 pm.
Unfortunately we did not know that there was a HUGE soccer tournament at Soldier Field that ended about 10 minutes before our show!  We got home at 12:30 pm, Izzie is still not speaking to us!

But the show was great.  I think we would have preferred to see it at a different theatre, Bank of America ( which used to be LaSalle, I think) is really, really small.

But it was fun to have a night out, I don't know why we don't go into the city more when we are here.  When we are on the road and stop at a major city, we make sure we hit everything we can, concerts, theatre, museums. 

Oh, I forgot we went to dinner before the show at Italian Village.  It was nice, but we really had to rush to get over to the theatre. 

I had Lobster and Fettuccine  and J had a veal dish that had veal prepared three different ways.(  I don't know why I didn't get a picture of his. (I don't do veal, do you know how they raise those poor little guys?)

The lesson we learned is if you want to go to the city, Izzie gets an overnight at my sisters.



No comments:

Post a Comment