Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Monday, May 28, 2012

Great Weekend



I had such a wonderful weekend. 

Saturday my sisters and I went on a "road trip",  found up at a great nursery with loads of plants to buy, such a great variety.

Then we stopped for lunch at MiMi's, a really sweet place with good food.

We dropped one sister off and with the other one, we hit Home Goods.  I love Home Goods, I could live in Home Goods, I always find something I didn't even know I needed at Home Goods. 

I bought a couple of cute pieces of yard art.  A turtle and a frog.  All the plants and pretties are for my back yard, where I am putting in a new perennial garden along the patio. 

I also ordered a bottle tree to put back there.  I have always wanted a bottle tree.  Hope my husband doesn't read this post before I tell him I ordered it!





Mine is going to be a little taller than this one and has fewer limbs.
When I get it done I will post a picture.

Then on Monday the majority of my family came over for lunch.  I love cooking for my family.  I made Perfect Pot Roast from The Pioneer Woman it is absolutely the best recipe I have found. One pot which has the meat, potatoes, carrots, onions and gravy.  What more can you ask for. 

 And we topped it off with Bread Pudding.  I was in the mood for Bread Pudding because I made Gumbo yesterday.

I have enough left overs in the frig, I don't have to cook for the next month!




When we were sitting at the table after lunch my sisters started laughing, saying "who would ever believe we would be having a meal like this, prepared by Joyce and her dog running around the house. 

It is hard to believe that until about six years ago I didn't know how to cook anything, barely knew how to boil water.  And I could not understand how people could become so attached to an animal. 

I don't know what changed.  When my Mom got sick and I was helping take care of her I decided  I had better try to learn some of her recipes while she was still with me. And I liked it, go figure.

After Mama went to Jesus, I was so lonely.  I was used to taking care of someone full time and then all of a sudden I was not needed.  J (smart man that he is) talked me into going to an animal shelter and I was a goner as soon as I walked in the door. 

So now I have a spoiled rotten dog, who sleeps in my bed and I feed from the table (I know, I know) and I am constantly looking for new recipes I can try.




Have a great day friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment