Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Friday, May 18, 2012

Good News


So, so happy!  Went to the Orthopedic doctor yesterday and he said my rotator cuff is not that bad.  He thinks the pain is from my biceps tendon and it was irritated from the fall in Santa Fe.  He thinks just PT and possibly a trigger point injection will do the trick.  If I keep up the exercises and no more falls he thinks I can get by with just that and no surgery.  Makes me very happy, now I just have to schedule an appointment with the Pain clinic for a shot in my hip and heres hopping I have a nice quiet summer health -wise.

I made a decision not to talk about my health any more until I got a handle on it and I think maybe I do now.  This just has to be the new normal for me.  

I am also going to see a couple of Dr.'s my polio Dr. recommended to me, to help my manage the medication.  I want to be able to go up and down with dosage as needed.  I am definitely able to go lower in Arizona where the humidity is less, but here in Illinois is a different story.  J and I are still trying to adjust to the difference.  

I have been having such a good time catching up with my sisters and some old friends.  It so nice when you know someone so well, you can go months without talking and then pick right back up with your last conversation.

I have been able to do a little work in the yard, it is so pretty.  Everything I put in last year came back, except one transplant of a trumpet  vine from my sister's yard.  Everything is getting close to blooming, when it does I will take a picture.

It is really pretty here this week, hope it's nice where you are.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Joyce, I'm happy to hear you're doing well with the new normal. I know what you mean. The humidity seems to effect my arthritis also.

    It is beautiful here also but the humidity is supposed to begin going up next week and it will become intolerable soon and time to stay inside.

    ReplyDelete