Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Friday, August 19, 2011

He's Done!!!!


Steve finished the kitchen today and I love, love, love it. I have been waiting to remodel this kitchen for so long. We kept putting it off because we were going to sell the house and I couldn't see putting my taste in a house that someone else would be living in. But I think we have decided, that unless GOD means for us to sell it and opens a door we aren't aware of, we will be holding on to it for awhile. So if we are going to live here, I knew I would not be happy until we spruced it up a little .

I am really pleased how just putting two rows of a contrasting trim in the middle of the backsplash ties the wallpaper, the tile and the counters together. (wish I could say that was my call but it wasn't, Steve gets credit for that)


I am so happy with the color of the countertops, that credit goes to J, it was his pick.

And the sink, the sink is perfect for giving Izzie a bath. The left sink is 9 inches deep, so she sits all the way in. And the sprayer makes it so much easier for me to rinse her. I don't use the sink for dishes too much anymore because the new dishwasher is fantastic, it does such a good job. I run it about every other day, we don't dirty enough dishes to justify running it every day. And tadah! I get credit for picking out the sink.


So, there you have it. The floors are done, the kitchen is done, J is meeting with someone about the windows this afternoon and we will be done for this year. Next summer I want to get the whole house painted inside and I am thinking hardwood floors for the bedrooms. I know J will want carpet but I am loving these hardwood floors.

I can't say enough about our contractor Steve Boyko of M.M.&I Home Services , he was neat, took great care to protect my home in every way and cleaned up so well you didn't even know he had been there at the end of every day. He was polite, timely and I could not have made the right design choices without his experienced advice.

3 comments:

  1. Joyce --- it is absolutely beautiful. And I am so very happy for you. I know what it's like to love your home. YEA YOU! Now...please go make me dinner.

    Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks great! What a relief it must be to have the construction work gone out of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! Don't you want to just stay in there all the time now?!
    Worth waiting for :)
    xo, misha

    ReplyDelete