Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Three weeks and counting

Time seems to be rushing by, in just three short weeks we will be leaving for Arizona. A part of me is so excited, I love being in the coach and seeing new places. I love the sun shining every day. I love the pool and the long drives and the long walks. But, I miss my family. My sisters and I have had so much fun this summer and I feel that we have grown so much closer. I think this blog will help, I can let them see what we are up to, with this and skype and the phone we can keep in touch. The only thing that would be better is if I could talk them into coming out to visit us. I don't have a lot to get done before we leave. I have most of my family Christmas ready. I have all the ingredients for my "handmade gifts," just have to put them together and I have most of the kids gifts, they just have to be wrapped. I have just one that I am still waiting for "inspiration", little Grace. In my mind I have my list of things to gather for the coach, I will start on that next week and the house will look like we are preparing for a siege.
It is really windy outside today.  I am glad I took a picture of my lovely red maples yesterday, because if the wind keeps up they will not have any leaves left by tomorrow.

I am so glad I get to spend the fall in Illinois, it is the best thing about the Midwest.




As you can see by my side post, I did not do well with the WW this past week. If I continue at this rate, I will not reach my goal for two more years. Since that is not acceptable I have to get back on track. It is going to be so much harder without walking but I know I can do it. And maybe I will take a deep breath and make myself do what the Dr. suggests and use the canadian crutches for walks. I just don't know if I can do that. Can't explain it but it just makes me ill to think of picking up those things again.
Oh well, it will work itself out. Since it is a yucky day outside Izzy and I are going to work on bringing her scrapbook up to date.  And then maybe cuddle up with a good book or even take a nap. Hope you have a good day.



Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt
Joyce

1 comment:

  1. It is very rainy and windy here today too. All of our leaves have been long gone so seeing yours made me miss those beautiful fall colors that passed way too quickly. How exciting to get to go away to someplace warm for awhile. Sounds like quite the fun adventure of seeing different parts of the country.

    I hope you've had a wonderful day of scrapbooking reading and napping. XX

    ReplyDelete