Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Arcola, Illinois

On the way home from the reunion we took a little side trip through Arcola, which is home to many Amish. It was Monday which was apparently wash day. Most of the lovely homes had buggies in the side yard and clothes on the line. It reminded me of New Orleans, where Monday is also wash day and red beans and rice day. Wash day for me is when I have enough dirty clothes for a load.  Thought I would share with you some of the pictures we took in Arcola, lovely little town.
don't you wish we still had clothes lines?



what a tough way to bring in corn

I would not want to ride in the buggies in the winter




Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment