Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Friday, October 8, 2010

Scenes from Mississippi

Mississippi Cotton

Mama used to tell us about coming home from school and picking cotton every day

Magnolia buds will always mean Mississippi to me.


The little rental units we lived in when we were little are still there.

My Mama's baby sister, Aunt Monk, when she was little they called her monkey, so we always called her Aunt Monk

Cousin Kimmy, when she came along she stole my Pawpaw's heart (course I was a grown up by then)

So many wonderful memories of my time spent there, summers and Christmas' and every year faithfully till my Pawpaw was gone. Mississippi made my Mama who she was, and my sisters and I who we are, strong, good hearted, loving women.


Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment