We have decided we are going to stick with the house for a few more years. It is not because we are hoping prices will come back, we don't think they will. The reason we decided to keep the house is we can't find a place where we could park when we come home to spend the summer. I truly believe we will find a solution when the time is right and it is not this summer.
Since we are keeping it I have gotten J ( through much whining, sulking, loud discussions) to agree to do some work on the house. First thing is replace the drive way, we will also make it a little larger so it is easier to park the RV here when we are loading and unloading. Next I am getting bids on new counter tops and floors throughout the house. J and I are "discussing" whether to go with wood or carpet. I am for the wood, he is for carpet. I am trying to get him to compromise with carpet in bedroom, wood for the rest. Those of you who know us know we don't handle remodeling well, so I am asking you to send us good thoughts, that we make it through this process.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt