Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Decisions, decisions.....

I so wish we could come up with a solution to our housing situation, it weighs on me, it keeps me up at night, I feel like we are stuck.   The housing market is even worse this year than last. Do we wait it out? Will the value continue to go down? If we go ahead and dump it at today's prices where are we going to park the RV when we come home for the summer. The one sure thing is we will always come home for the summer. If we don't sell it at todays prices I am insisting that we do some remodeling and oh Good Lord Jay hates that word and really hates that process. What to do, what to do. We have been wrestling with this for the past two years and I am so tired of it. At this point I want to just keep the house, do the remodeling and see what happens next year, Jay is more of a mind to just put off a decision, but no remodeling ( did I mention how he hates that word). We are at an impasse...........

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt


  1. Hard decision Joyce..but don't lose sleep over it. My opinion is keep it as it is or sell it. Any money you put into it you will not get back but probably would make it easier to sell if you decide to do that. I would try to live there and do nothing....I am sure it is not that bad??? Maybe just paint and freshen things up??? Who knows where the economy is going but I don't think housing prices are going to get better for a long time....unless you are in a very desirable area where there are high paying jobs. I think they will continue the same or still come down....when you think about it why would they? There are no jobs...nobody is spending money..more and more people are doing just what you are doing...living in their own portable house.

  2. Wish you lived closer, I would have you be my contractor! Just want to replace carpet and counter tops and some paint. How is your Dad, hope he is doing well.