Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Monday, April 25, 2011

Homeward Bound

Traveling on Easter Sunday is something we will try to avoid in the future. When we got in last night I made  our traditional Easter dinner, just downsized a little. I had two ham steaks and baked sweet potatoes and green beans. Next year I plan on being home for Easter.


 We had a very good day, traveling wise. The traffic was light and with the exception of the wind no major difficulties. Jay was really tired, driving this big thing is intense enough but when you have major wind to combat you really have to concentrate.  It was entertaining to watch the "dust devils", little individual tornadoes come across the fields around us, not so entertaining when we had to drive through them. 


It amazes me how quick we fall back into the travel mode after being stationary for six months.  I love Jay for setting up the trip the way he did, for every two days of travel we get a two or three day lay over. That's my ideal way to travel.  Tomorrow we start our way through Texas, I do not like Texas.  I think I might have mentioned that before!


Today we are going to visit Old Mesila  maybe do a little shopping, have a nice dinner and go to bed early. We lost one hour yesterday crossing times zones and will lose another in the next two stops. Then we should be on Illinois time, this is a gentler way to catch up.






Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt

2 comments:

  1. Hurry, hurry, hurry! So glad you'll be here for Easter next year. Check out my Walgreen account for Easter pictures. You'll enjoy them, but I messed around and didn't get one of all six grandkids by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the trip is going good so far. Just remember to enjoy San Antonio for me. It's seems like you've been gone forever which is really strange considering we don't live near each other. It must be the time zone thing. Have a good time coming back. Love you!

    ReplyDelete