Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Sunday, November 21, 2010

What a lovely evening

We went to dinner at theDouble Eagle tonight and what a wonderful meal, I can't even bring myself to think of WW points, I have probably used them all up for the rest of the year. 
After dinner when we where leaving we saw a young couple approaching the Plaza, 
The young man was leading the girl, who had a blindfold on up the Plaza steps. When they got up the steps he set up some small speakers and music started playing, then he took off her blindfold and got on one knee and proposed. She must have said yes because then they started dancing. It was so sweet and so beautiful, even Jay got a little misty eyed.  We are so blessed to have the life we live.  I have always felt we were denied  by not having children and dealing with the post polio so early, but we are certainly living a blessed life now. What a wonderful weekend we have had and tomorrow we will be in our southwestern home.





Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt

2 comments:

  1. How awesome that you got to witness this young couple. I am sorry that you couldn't have children. Just in the time I have known you I know you would have been such a good Mom. I think of all those young ones that you must be special to because of how you have made them feel special...I am thankful that you have been such a part of their lives. I am also so thankful that your lives are blessed. Still I feel the need to hug you right now. ((((Joyce)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - I have chill bumps. How beautiful is THAT?!!! Thank You!!!

    ;-D Have a Happy Thanksgiving in your new for the next 6 months home!!! The purple cactus is divine!!!

    robelyn

    ReplyDelete