Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 5



If you have happened on this blog and you are from Texas please except my apologies, I DO NOT LIKE TEXAS. It takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get across this state and this last leg has been so boring, J asked me if Rosie Radio was on so we at least had something to listen to. You can only take NPR so long! We spent the night in Van Horn, which is in the middle of no where.
the chickens free range in front on the KOA
what can I say, this is Texas, brown on brown
this is a picture of a 97 lb. snake found on the property
J gets such a chuckle out of this sign





this is what it looked like last year, two weeks makes a big difference
 We have a half day drive to NM then a weekend stop, yeah!! I need to do laundry and give Iz a bath. Little fluffy dogs do not do well in Texas, she picks up everything in her fur and her little feet are black. ( truck stops don't help either). I got on the scale today and almost cried, I gained a pound. I am not surprised, I did not give enough thought to healthy snacks for the coach. We have been munching on some of the Christmas goodies we got, bad, bad, bad. But no crying over spilt milk. When we get to AJ I will go shopping first thing and get myself on the right track. And of course Iz and I will walk every day.
Love to every one.


Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt
Joyce

2 comments:

  1. Joyce, I agree... Texas is a really big state to travel through! Two weeks can make a big difference sometimes, as to whether we have snow or not! Last winter was horrible! I sure hope this winter isn't as bad!

    It is cold and windy here in Oklahoma today! The sun is shining, so that's a big plus! I think it's only 40 degrees or so outside..and then with the wind chill factor added to that, well... makes it real cold! I'm not a cold weather person! Maybe my hubby and I ought to retire in Fla.. or Hawaii!!

    It is hard to stay on one's diet while traveling, but, I'd say you aren't doing bad of a job at all.. one pound gained isn't so bad.

    Have a wonderful weekend and safe travels! Have you in my prayers..

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will get right back on track once you get some healthy foods and getting back to walking. You are right, 2 weeks can make all the difference in weather. It is cold here but at least the sun is shining today. :) Happy weekend to you and yours and continued safe travels as well. XX

    ReplyDelete