Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oh what a beautiful day

Yesterday we went to the beach, it was glorious. It is about three weeks before the official "season" starts here, so there was almost no one there. We took our chairs and just sat there in the sun and the breeze listening to the waves. Then out of no where a school(not sure what you call a group of them) of dolphins starting jumping and playing right in front of us. The show went on for at least twenty minutes. I so wish I had my telephoto lens with me.

Iz did not like the waves but loved the seaweed

If you look in the middle of the picture straight down from the shrimp boat you can see the dolphins

Iz did want to chase these little guys
To end the day we went to Doc's Seafood Shack for dinner. What a cool place and the food, outstanding.
I had royal red steamed shrimp

and of course, J had oysters


As perfect as it was, I would have traded this day in a heartbeat to have had even fifteen minutes at home with my sister Louise. She is in the hospital and this morning she is having a lung biopsy. This is a nasty procedure and she is already weak because she has pneumonia. She will be in intensive care for 2 to 3 days. This is the downside of our life. We get to go to all these wonderful places and see all these amazing things but when someone in my family is ill or hurting I want to be with them and it is not always possible to get home. I have a big family and we are all close, but I can't fly home every time I want to and that is the price I pay for this life. Sometimes it weighs very heavy on me. Please remember my sister in your prayers.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt

1 comment:

  1. I do hope every thing turns out ok for Louise....she knows you are there with her in spirit...stay strong.

    ReplyDelete