Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Houston, we have connection!




We are hooked up, plugged in, wired for sound, able to communicate again. What a difference being on the left side of the lake instead of

the right. (I have always considered myself a little left of center anyway).

We had a good week in Door County. Just a

few of the things we enjoyed:


Good Friends


Dining lakeside

Running on the beach

Flowers

Sitting in the shade


Flowers


I think I have a little bit of a handle on the pain thing. I have been getting by not taking a pain pill till about 11:00 am and it carries me through the bulk of the day. I used heavy, heavy application of sunscreen and a large brimmed sunhat and only got one blister. Luckily my girlfriend Judy and her husband understood I would not be up to my usual cheerful self ( ha!!) and had no problem taking it a little easy with me. With planning we still got in a little shopping, a little eating and a lot of talking and laughing.

I also persuaded Judy's husband to download angry birds on his phone, before you knew it angry birds was on his phone, Judy's phone and her husbands IPOD. ( Luckily their Verizon worked fine or we would have been cut off from civilization completely). All weekend you could hear me whining," let me play, let me play".

We had one rainy day so J took me to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was just as good as I thought it would be. I couldn't believe it cost $20 to get in. With popcorn ( which by the way was GREAT, I only allow myself this indulgence once a year) we were over $30, how do families do it?

All in all it was a great week.We have been going to Door County in the summer for over ten years and it is fun to visit all you favorite shops and restaurants.


Now we are just outside Traverse City and a lovely spot called Traverse Bay RV Resort. It is a lot like Bella Terra in Gulf Shores, Alabama. We are on a beautiful site facing a forest of trees. I will get out with Izzie today and take some pictures.


Right now I have to get myself up and give Iz a bath ( whoops, I just typed the word and she ran from the room. That girl doesn't like baths anymore than J).


Before I go I want to thank all of you for your concern and compassion about this new development in my health. I so appreciate your advice and when I get home I am going to explore every option. I kinda had my feet knocked out from under me with this. I have had pretty good control of my pain for years now and was really shocked how badly this hurt as the NSAIDS left my body. I am going to call Monday and get an appointment with my Post Polio doctor for first thing after we get home. He and his partner have helped my through a lot of changes the last fifteen years since I was diagnosed with Post Polio syndrome, braces, crutches, canes, surgeries I have always bounced back with their help and I know I will bounce back again.

2 comments:

  1. Joyce, I am so glad you are feeling a bit better...I have been wondering how you were doing. Good idea about going to the doctor that has helped you before. You know your body the best and between you and the doctor I am sure you can figure something out. Good to see you blogging again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're doing better. I bet you're glad to be back in civilization and can be online and play Angry Birds on your own computer. Once you get back home you'll have to post the rest of the pics. Love ya, me

    ReplyDelete