Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Sunday, September 9, 2012

One year later.....

Can it have been a year already?  Sometimes it seems like just yesterday I talked with Judy, sometimes it seems like it has been forever. 

I know that time has passed because I am no longer angry.  I was so angry at her when she first passed away.  Angry that she didn't tell me how sick she was.  We told each other everything, why didn't she tell me that.

But there is no more anger, just sadness, such sadness.  I miss her so much. I miss our weekly talks.  I miss our girl trips. I miss having her to call when something happens in my life, good or bad.

I am sad because her children do not have a mother, her grandchildren don't have a grandma and her husband does not have his loving wife. 

I just miss her so much.

My best friend.

My pal.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss but it seems that you have made some great strides in coming to terms with this. I hope you can find another who means just as much to you as she did. Hugs & prayers. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to make it Joyce! I liked birdie's comment on my blog about grief and the figure 8...that makes a lot of sense to me. Sometimes we are at the epi-center and sometimes not. We slide back in then we pull ourselves back out. I think they had it right a long time ago...put a black wreath on the door for a year and spend the time mourning your loss. I truly believe that sometime soon we will be able to remember everything with love and joy...not sadness.

    ReplyDelete