Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Friday, December 3, 2010

Better late than never....


I started this blog so my family and friends would know what we are up to while we are away and I have not done a very good job of posting since we got here. Seemed like there was so much to do these first few weeks. But today I am going to give you a quick update via pictures so here goes

last night we started putting up lights, this is our neighbor's house

Iz finally got her hair cut, way, way to short, but it will grow fast

I wanted you to see the green bows they were so cute

 this morning I put up the Christmas tree and the nativity set
It is sorta strange putting up Christmas decorations when the sun is shining so bright and the door is open because it is so warm. The peppers add a nice red touch, lol. I so enjoy hanging the ornaments on the tree, they are all ornaments Jay and I bought for Mama's Santa tree and ornaments we have bought on our travels. Tonight we are going to the tree lighting service in the park. Right now I am baking my first cake in the convection oven, I will let you know how it turns out. This is a pre test for baking a cake for J's birthday Sunday. Some of our friends are coming over and I didn't want to take a chance in case it doesn't work.
Believe it or not I have also been doing some crafts! This is a bulletin board I made.

And I made this hat for little bit, I don't think I have to worry about her seeing it on the blog, since she's only two!!



So the cake is done, looks a little over done, have to wait till it cools to do a taste test. I converted the cooking time and temp on a conversion chart I found on google. Maybe you can't trust everything you read on the web, ya think?


Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce....glad to see you made it home safe and sound ! I am so far behind myself...but who cares?..lol...I think things do bake a little faster in a convection oven because of the air circulation...enjoy this great weather we are having !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I was there instead of here in the cold and snow - and it's still snowing!!! I could get used to sun, open windows and Christmas trees. I'll give you a call tomorrow. It wasn't the same in Chicago without you - but I did manage to get to Merichka's. Love ya me

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have it looking so homey! Her green bows look so cute...and your crafting efforts have been successful...glad you are settling in...we are buried in snow...and it is still snowing...oh well I do live in Minnesota. :)Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete