Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Saturday, November 19, 2022

It’s that time of year…

The next six weeks are very difficult for me, as I am sure they are for many others. I miss my family almost all the time, but especially during the holidays. My mind goes back to all the wonderful Christmas we celebrated in mom’s basement! There was lots of room for us all to be together. 
I loved searching for gifts for my Mama. When my brothers and sisters kids were younger, buying gifts for them was such a blast! 
I remember taking Judy with me to shop for them, more times than not I would be on crutches, so she was my package carrier and advise giver.
As the kids got older, they much preferred money as a gift, they would put it together  to buy a more expensive item they were saving for. So I poured all my love of gift giving on my Mama and Jay!
Now I just have Jay to shop for. 

I have done my best to create traditions for us and to hold onto some of the family ones. We have our little tree to put up with all Mama’s Santa Ornaments and since we lost our sweet little redhead I have my angels in her memory.




I still insist on a turkey (although now it’s a turkey breast) dinner for Thanksgiving and Ham for Christmas. It’s a lot of work for me and I know the time will come when I won’t be able to do it, but till that time comes, it will happen.  
 I am Thankful for all the wonderful memories and the things we can still do. But just for today I am going to sit here and allow myself to miss and long for the days gone by.


No comments:

Post a Comment