Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Monday, December 8, 2014

New Friends for Izzie, Taming the Beast

I couldn't wait to get here and meet my girlfriends new puppies. But I have to admit I was a little nervous about how Izzie would react. She is so possessive, I always keep her on leash around other dogs.  Happily she had a great time.
These little sweeties trying to squiggle out of my lap are Molly and Maggie, they are ShiPoo's and belong to Brenda and Don.

This adorable pip-squeak is Abbie she belongs to Tanis and Dave some day I will tell you about how she got her name, it's a hoot.

I cannot tell them apart without looking at their name tags!

Now, to taming the beast.  Iz has been getting worse and worse about aggresively barking at dogs over the years.  I was at my wits end as to what to do. Our friends were starting to call her Killer.  I think it is because she is so protective of me. Lord knows when I walk I am a little hesitant about falling and I think she senses it.
BUT, I have found the solution and now have a different dog.  Have you ever heard of Stop That? It is a spray that comes out with a hissing sound that along with the pheremones distracts the dog and redirects its attention.  I swear to you we used it only twice and problem solved. No more barking when walking past other dogs and when in the house and the UPS guy comes(which he does with some regularity tee her) after one alert bark I say no and she stops. I think this stuff if amazing, Iz will be five Christmas Eve and she has been really bad the last few years.  Don't know if it will work for you but it might be worth a try. I got it on Amazon and it was under $10.
Hope you all have a good day, it's grocery store for me, ugh!  Don't mind cooking, in fact I enjoy it. But the planning and the shopping and the putting away and doing the dishes, well as I have already said UGH!
Peace   

1 comment:

  1. Any chance it would work on Heidi? As you know, she is terrible. I think I'll give it a try, but really I should spray it on Jack! :) Christmas is spread all over my house, I have two days to get it all put away or else the tubs are going back into the attic! Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete