Home       Restaurants       RV Resorts       Contact

Friday, March 11, 2011

This and That

I can't believe it has been almost a week since my last post, I don't know where the time goes. For some reason I think I have to have new pictures with every post and I haven't taken any worth showing lately.

I did a little self pampering this week, had a wonderful massage and went on a "mini" shopping spree. I knew we were going out to dinner with our trust guy from the bank so I thought , what the heck, I will get a new top. Went to my very most excellent favorite shopping mall here. It is an outside mall, sort of a mini Oakbrook. It has Chico's , JJill's, ColdwaterCreek, Black and White, Antropoligie , Borders and a great upscale food store. I got some really cute linen shorts a JJill's and they were are really good price. A top and pair of shorts at Chico's and two tops at ColdwaterCreek.  This is the one and only shopping binge I have allowed myself this year.

Oh, and I got my hair cut, short, really short, maybe too short. I am not going to show you a picture till it grows our a few weeks, I am afraid one of my sisters might have a heart attack if they see how short it is now. But I think I like it, I have always wanted to cut it short but I was too afraid.

I am starting to feel a real pull to go home. I want to see my family. I get really weepy after I talk with one of them. We have about six weeks left till we will be there. The winter has gone so quickly for us. I have not accomplished half of what I had planned to do, but then I did not count on learning to knit. I spend every spare moment with my knitting needles. Past winters I have read a ton of books, so before we left I loaded up my Kindle with about 40 books to read. I have read maybe 5.

This afternoon we are going out to eat with a group of friends. Most of them will be leaving in the next two weeks, so I will have much more time to my self. Maybe I can check a few things off my list.

It is 83 here right now, might have to break down and turn the air on this afternoon.

Love you all.


Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment